1. Explain the relationship between waves, energy, and matter.
2. Describe the difference between transverse waves and compressional waves.
3. Describe the relationship between the frequency and wavelength of a wave.
4. Explain why waves travel at different speeds.
5. Explain how waves can reflect from some surfaces.
6. Explain how waves change direction when they move from one material to another.
7. Describe how waves are able to bend around barriers.
What are Waves?
2. Mechanical Wave
3. Transverse Wave
4. Compressional Wave
Types of Waves PowerPoint
Slinky Lab PowerPoint
Slinky Lab Sheet Data
Slinky Lab Report
Websites & Activities
1. Explain how electromagnetic waves are produced.
2. Describe the properties of electromagnetic waves.
3. Explain differences among kinds of electromagnetic waves.
4. Identify uses for different kinds of electromagnetic waves.
5. Describe different ways of using electromagnetic waves to communicate.
6. Compare and contrast AM and FM radio signals
The Nature of EM Waves
1. Electromagnetic Wave
2. Radiant Energy