Chemistry Book L Chapter 4 Carbon Chemistry
NYS Performance Indicator:
3.3 Develop mental models to explain common chemical reactions and changes in state of matter.
- Explain why carbon is able to form many compounds.
- Describe how saturated and unsaturated hydrocarbons differ.
- Identify isomers of organic compounds.
- Describe how new compounds are formed by substituting hydrogens in hydrocarbons.
- Identify the classes of compounds that result from substitution.
- Describe how large organic molecules are made.
- Explain the roles of organic molecules in the body.
- Explain why eating a balanced diet is important for good health.